The purchase, restoration and renovation of
The San Francisco,
California, U.S.A. House of Worship
Francisco Locale Congregation in California San Francisco
Congregation was the first local congregation to be
established in the US mainland. The proclamation was made on
August 14, 1968 by Brother Erano G. Manalo at the last
leg of his groundbreaking US visit that year (the same visit
that established the Honolulu Congregation in Hawaii), which
marked the fulfillment of the prophesied gathering of God's
children in the Far West. vintage
First house of worship in the US mainland
After the establishment of San Francisco
Congregation, the number of local congregations starting
out as committee prayer groups grew in stantaneously in the
West. But San Francisco was not to be outdone. The second
eldest of the Church's foreign congregations set another
record by being the first congregation in US mainland to
acquire its own house of worship.
It took San Francisco congregation only less than
three years before it could have a house of worship of its
own. By the end of 1970, under the leadership of Brother
Eddie San Gabriel as resident minister, the building
situated in a corner at 2899 Clay Street and Divisadero
Streets was purchased. The building was
renovated and converted into a suitable place of worship
where the brethren would hold their religious services.
The dedication service for the house of worship was held in
February 1971. The imposing edifice with its trademark
Ionic columns housed the Church's first Office outside
Philippine when the District of Califonia was established in
1976 as a supervisory arm of the Central Office over all
local congregations not only in that state but also
throughout western hemisphere at that time.
The King Williamstown,
South Africa House of Worship
Williamstown Locale Congregation in South Africa
When the St. Christopher Private School
announced that it was putting up its property at Alexandra
Road for sale, the congregational leadership immediately
called real estate agents as well as the ministers of the
Church in Europe. The property formerly belonged to the
Anglican Church. Built in 1882, it was sold to the school in
After a large amount of paperwork, the building was
acquired by the Church of Christ on July 6,1998, Renovations
took quite some time as the building was old and the school
had converted it into an assembly hall. In addition to
hiring professional contractors, the brethren also helped in
the renovation work in whatever way they could. On January
30, 2000, the house of worship was dedicated to God. Brother
Emiliano Magtuto Jr. was sent by the Church Administration
to officiate at this momentous occasion. Thus, the first
local congregation in South Africa was officially
established. The first resident minister, Brother Erwin
Gorgonio, arrived on June 15 of that same year.
Built in 1882 by the
Anglican church. It is one of the oldest building in the
It was purchased by the Iglesia ni Cristo on July 6, 1998.
It was then restored, renovated and improve to become an
appropraite House of Worship of the Iglesia ni Cristo. It
was dedicated to God on January 30,
The La Motte, Iowa, U.S.A.
House of Worship
La Motte Locale Congregation in Iowa The formerly known Holy Rosary Catholic Church located in
Iowa, USA was established in 1893 by the Catholic Church.
119 years ago, Catholic church leaders have used holy water
around the sanctuary in order to do this, a common practice
of Catholics during dedications.
And back to the present day, this same church has been
dedicated again, but this time, by the Iglesia ni Cristo
(Church of Christ) with tears of happiness and religious
fervor during a 2-hour ceremony attended by 850 people that
tripled Jackson County's population of 260.
It took 2 months to turn an old church that stood empty for
5 years and renovate its sanctuary. The renovation stripped
away the stained glass windows, crosses and crucifixes and
has improved its utilities through adding of crystal
chandeliers and high-tech media systems to name a few. Local
firms were hired by the church to do the renovation which
includes a rich wood interior altar furnishing.
Credit: Dave Kettering,
Telegraph Herald The Holy Rosary Catholic Church located in
Iowa, USA was established in 1893 by the Catholic Church. It was closed four years ago and has sat
empty ...until it was bought by the Iglesia ni
Cristo in June 2011.
"It was sad to see our church go, but doing this right like
they did has given it back some of its glory," said Mike
"Sitting here empty, it was an ugly reminder of what was
here, the social center of our town and our religion," added
Gary Bonifas. "This is an overall plus for the community."
During the dedication, a 48-voice choir in white robes with
sage-green trim marched in perfect step from the back to
their seats in the front of the congregation. The hymns were
rich and as these songs and prayers begin, the congregation
were overcome by emotion, many quietly sobbing.
"I think people had reservations (about the new church) at
first," said La Motte Mayor Paul Konrady, who attended the
dedication, "But as a whole, they are pleased now. This
brings this building back to life." By Mary Nevans-Pederson, TH Staff
The old church was renovated and improved to
become an appropriate house of worship of the
Iglesia ni Cristo. It was dedicated to God on
January 4, 2012
The Newport, Wales,
U.K. House of Worship
The New Port
Locale Congregation in Wales
100-YEAR-OLD former church in Newport that served as a
performing arts academy has been returned to its use as
a place of worship after a £1.6 million project.
Philippines-based Iglesia Ni Cristo, which translates to
Church of Christ, has renovated the Grade I-listed
Burleigh Hall in Llanthewy Road, Newport, to be a base
for its congregation stretching from West Wales to the
church is the first of its type in Wales to serve
members of the Church, thought to have between four
million and nine million members. According to planning
documents the building was constructed as a baptist
church in 1912. In 1996 the church was closed and was
later used as the Burleigh Academy.
Restoration work on the £1.6 million project, funded by
donations from the Church’s members, has included
restoring some of the church’s pews to their original
design. Contractors replaced the church tower’s steel
structure, and a stage was installed at the front of the
sanctuary for ministers to give services.
Crystal chandeliers hang from the sanctuary’s ceiling,
but within the church there are no pictures of Jesus
Christ – the Church does not worship idols. Members of
the Church come from all over the world but the vast
majority are Filipino.
said more than 1000 members came to see the church
dedicated on August 23, with an average of a couple of
hundred attending other services.
Brother Tony Smith, district minister, said Burleigh
Hall was an “absolutely beautiful building. It has so
congregation went for a number of years without a proper
chapel. “They rented halls here and there until the time
came to find a place of worship,” he added.
September 2012 in News By
David Deans, Reporter
The old chapel building of
imposing design, a prominent local landmark in the area,
was restored, renovated and improved to become an
appropriate house of worship of the Iglesia Ni
Cristo. It was dedicated to God on
August 23, 2012...
The Manchester, England
House of Worship
The Manchester Locale
Congregation in England THE PEVSNER architectural guides call it 'the grandest
surviving Baptist church in south east Lancashire'.The
Iglesia ni Cristo group has paid £750,000 for the 7,378 sq
ft building. INC now intend to use the building as a place
of worship but also as spiritual study centre, residential
accommodation and ancillary offices. Located on Edge Lane,
Stretford, it was opened by textile magnate John Rylands, as
the Union Church for Congregationalists in 1867.
The church was built by the very devout Rylands as his
personal place of worship which is close to his house – the
latter now almost completely demolished - in Longford Park.
After spending time as an office, the gorgeous church with
its giant order Corinthian columns and broken pediment, is
returning to its original use. It’s been bought by Iglesia
ni Cristo (INC), the Phillipines-based Church of Christ.
Originally the Union Church for
Congregationalists located on Edge Lane, Stretford, it was
opened by textile magnate John Rylands in 1867.
The gorgeous church with its giant order Corinthian
columns and broken pediment, is returning to its original
use as a church for the Iglesia ni Cristo Manchester
Congregation. It has been restored, renovated and
improved to become an appropriate House of Worship of the
Iglesia ni Cristo which was then dedicated
to God on August 26 , 2012.
is now officially registered and recognized in
washington D.C. the seat of the goverment of USA.
A newly bought St.
constantine and Greek Orthodox Church in washington by
INC for renovation.
Parcel Containing 1.82 Acres (79,062 SF) " R-1-B Zoning for the Entire
Property " High-Visibility,
High-Traffic Location " School Building- Three
Stories, 16,370 SF (Fully Leased) " Church Building- One Story
with Basement, 14,800 SF " Close Proximity to Downtown
and Capitol Hill
" At the
intersection of 16th Street, NW and Upshur Street, NW in
Washington, DC " High-Visibility,
D.C. — J Street Cos. has represented Saints Constantine
and Helen Greek Orthodox Church in the sale of its
church and school building at 4115 16th St. in
Washington, D.C., to Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of
Christ) for $9.2 million. Saints Constantine and Helen
Greek Orthodox Church plans to build a new church in
Silver Springs, Md. Andy Wolf of J Street Cos. and Tony
Lofrumento of Summit Commercial represented the sellers,
and Arlene Fernandez of Allison James Estates & Homes
represented Iglesia Ni Cristo.
D.C. Congregation House of Worship was dedicated
to God on September 10, 2012. >>>>
Not sure of the
building's age but this is one of the properties acquired by
the Church in Australia that's to undergo expansion and
renovation. The address is 10 Daisy Street Croydon Park
Burwood NSW and named the Locale of Canterbury...
COUNTRY LAKE - The former Dutch Reformed church in
Landsmeer gets a new faith community. Daily Waterland
message that the church was sold to the Christian church
Iglesia ni Cristo which was founded a century ago in the
Acccording to head deacon Red Rico Ramos in Amsterdam,
worship services are now being held in rented spaces in
Dordrecht and the Hague. Landsmeer becomes the first
truly owned places of worship of the Church of Christ
which was officially registered in Amsterdam.
The transfer of the church through the notary is
provided on Friday, 15 February. Until then, Ramos wants
nothing to say about the agenda, and how the rate at
which the church is prepared for the new church.
Less than a year after the local congregation of
Amsterdam is officially established, they welcome
another great blessing. Join them as they dedicate a
majestic house of worship to God in a worship service
led by Brother Eduardo V. Manalo during his third stop
on his European Pastoral Visits. See how the Church of
Christ stands as a beacon of hope in Amsterdam.
The former Dutch Reformed Church Landsmeer, a national
monument, was built in 1852. It is a hall church with built
tower with a wooden crown. The interior has a number of
things from the predecessor of the present church preserved.
Dedicated to God on June 6, 2013
for the Locale Congregation of Amsterdam
Bronx, New York, U.S.A.
House of Worship
Cristo - Locale of Bronx
1343 Fulton Ave, Bronx, NY 10456,
Picture of the old church
building which was built in 1931
Formerly owned by St Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church, it
was bought by the Iglesia Ni Cristo on 2010 and conducted
intensive renovations. It was dedicated on December 31, 2011
by the INC Executive Minister Eduardo V. Manalo.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Filipino church buys Belfast
By Alf McCreary –
08 March 2013
A Christian Science Church building behind Queen's
University, Belfast has been sold to the worldwide Iglesia
ni Cristo (Church of Christ) which has its headquarters in
A handing-over ceremony took place yesterday in the
landmark building. The church, a listed building, was bought
for an estimated £600,000.
The building was placed on the market last year, and
generated wide interest among potential buyers, but the bid
from the Filipino religious organisation proved successful.
The Iglesia ni Cristo was established in 1914 and has
some 27 million members in more than 5,600 congregations
worldwide. Its Supervising Minister for Europe, Pepito Y
Acuesta, who was present at the handover, told the Belfast
Telegraph: "We are pleased to be moving into this building
which has been well cared for."
He said the church was growing rapidly and added: "We are
neither Protestant nor Roman Catholic. "We are the Church of
Christ, and everyone will be made welcome."
The local branch of Iglesia ni Cristo was established in
Belfast in 1988/89 with seven people, and the congregation
now has several hundred members.
They will move into the new premises from their current
east Belfast base as soon as possible.